List:       netbsd-users
Subject:    Overriding console mode for KMS drivers
From:       Mike Pumford <mpumford () mudcovered ! org ! uk>
Date:       2018-12-22 13:42:43

I have a need to override the mode auto detected by the KMS console
drivers in 8.0. The system in question is attached to an old TV via a
HDMI->Component converter. The converter advertises modes up to 180p but
the TV is only actually capable of 576p. I can see that the variables to
set the mode are hooked up to proplib properties but I don't know how to
set those properties or what to set them too. Any suggestions?

I did also try overriding the mode using xrandr after boot but that
didn't seem to work. However that may have been because the userland
code was from 6.x as I can't really upgrade this system to anything
newer until I solve the mode problem.

Mike