List:       netbsd-users
Subject:    Re: BSD disklabel partition letters in NetBSD
From:       "Rocky Hotas" <rockyhotas () post ! com>
Date:       2018-10-10 17:09:30

Sent:=C2=A0Friday, October 05, 2018 at 3:37 AM
From:=C2=A0"Jason Mitchell" <jmitchel@bigjar=2Ecom>
To:=C2=A0"Rocky Hotas" <rockyhotas@post=2Ecom>
Subject:=C2=A0Re: BSD disklabel partition letters in NetBSD

> This posting (though old) says that FreeBSD disklabels are different fro=
m NetBSD disklabels=2E Also back in 2011 NetBSD would overwrite a FreeBSD d=
isklabel on a FreeBSD MBR partition of type 165=2E FYI, NetBSD has been usi=
ng a MBR partition type of 169 for a long, long time=2E
=C2=A0
> https://mail-index=2Enetbsd=2Eorg/tech-kern/2011/02/04/msg009919=2Ehtml[=
https://mail-index=2Enetbsd=2Eorg/tech-kern/2011/02/04/msg009919=2Ehtml]

Thanks for this!

> My objection was to NetBSD and FreeBSD sharing a disklabel, not to two i=
nstances of NetBSD sharing a disklabel=2E

Yes, of course=2E I did mention that example because I was thinking that
FreeBSD and NetBSD share the same BSD disklabel format, but it is not so=
=2E
Bye!

Rocky

> Thanks,