List:       netbsd-users
Subject:    Re: Replace default SSH with pkgsrc version
From:       Stephen Borrill <netbsd () precedence ! co ! uk>
Date:       2015-12-10 14:35:13

On Wed, 9 Dec 2015, IT geek 31 wrote:

>>> Which is a great way to run into problems.  Even if you need to manually
>>> do so, if you're using ssh from pkgsrc I highly suggest removing the
>>> base ssh binaries.
>>> I ran into issues like this before (with pkg_add, etc...) and it can
>>> lead to unexpected behavior when you inevitably end up running the wrong
>>> binary.
>>
>> And if you want to downgrade your openssh with the one from pkgsrc, feel
>> free to. You lose all the integration with NetBSD (blacklistd, hpn, etc.)
>> just to get the latest and the greatest which is in both cases 7.1...
>>
>> christos
>
> In my case I'm running NetBSD 5.2.2 (7.1 just isn't an option right now), which comes with OpenSSH 5.0.
>
> So the pkgsrc version isn't exactly a downgrade...

On a related note, I've been trying to get pkgsrc sshd working on netbsd-5
too (with -7 as a client) as the base sshd fails to get Tunnel=ethernet
working (device not configured when opening /dev/tap0).

However when I try, it connects but sshd quickly dies with:
channel 0: adjust 97803 overflows remote window 4294878045

--
Stephen