List:       netbsd-users
Subject:    Re: Using multiple interfaces (3+) causes intermittent system freezes on NetBSD 5.1_STABLE and later
From:       Fredrik Pettai <pettai () nordu ! net>
Date:       2012-08-20 9:03:33

On Aug 16, 2012, at 10:50 , Fredrik Pettai wrote:
> On Aug 15, 2012, at 2:32 PM, Greg Troxel wrote:
> >
> > I will try to dig it out reasonably quickly, but it's non-trivial and I
> > can't publish the repository it's in.
> >
> > If your systems is running fine with 1 or 2 interfaces on the quad-port
> > card, you are likely not having the problem the patch fixes.  The
> > symptoms of the bug are that no packets can be received on an interface
> > (because there are no mbufs on the receive ring, and none free), but the
> > system mostly works otherwise.
>
> To my surprise, the server got unresponsive again yesterday...(and it's currently \
> just using a single interface). I applied your patch (thanks btw.) and rebooted the \
> machine. I'll patch up the other interfaces later today, to speed up the process of \
> triggering the problem we've been seeing...

No, I was wrong. Someone had put the cables back in during my holiday. And even after \
I applied your patch to the bnx driver, it still gets unresponsive after a while, \
with 2+ interfaces connected.

Is there a PR for this quad port pci bridge problem?

Re,
/P

["smime.p7s" (smime.p7s)]

0	*H
 010	+0	*H
 00z ėɧo3ؕ^
(0
	*H
0;10	UNL10
TERENA10UTERENA Personal CA0
120206000000Z
150205235959Z0]10	USE10U
NORDUnet AS10UFredrik Pettai10	*H
	pettai@nordu.net0"0
	*H
0
?K)
Gx-PgIF #E|LvΙ}Vk׮Y5L
M&6Lz#@/2
6YzxM!1^eWs&󂬟|}pytea߾|jُ+Bk"np|sbh-w`UGqX*m&o&؄SXU(1axBO?bz: \
JʖT~B,_m:]Oa1VrG,0}Ň`m0i0U#0cMCZH?F傷f0Um[0IӏȚ0U \
0U00U%0++0U 00 +10?U80604 \
2 0.http://crl.tcs.terena.org/TERENAPersonalCA.crl0r+f0d0:+0.http: \
//crt.tcs.terena.org/TERENAPersonalCA.crt0&+0http://ocsp.tcs.terena.org0U0pettai@nordu.net0
 	*H
IvEI-`Xe A2FiU+		;n2.%Ufe \
eZ҈OY߅C󀆭"Q32D@}wvkr#r#+ \
\?,+SDݪɁNTp\{ϷP]^-U4jDZ}SDBhΛ \
Nǐf)x[rʺ;=n$#ѫ	GFy?_b=z/C8Y}BGng|" \
Fﬣ100P0;10	UNL10 U
TERENA10UTERENA Personal CAėɧo3ؕ^
(0	+ !0	*H
	1	*H
0	*H
	1
120820090334Z0#	*H
	1<ϝmKȇz0_	+71R0P0;10	UNL10
TERENA10UTERENA Personal CAėɧo3ؕ^
(0a*H
	1R P0;10	UNL10
TERENA10UTERENA Personal CAėɧo3ؕ^
(0
	*H
eՂ0R|I8ZI	Mk6-`>N2yI)]ྚR>ɨh;#s&eO<P{3=V
 e/IxY'1~،E7G{~v6#]S7<K$,V:4s}?KfDQj~88suVÎG&k->o`FL]NLn8J3E,,>5rr+Vj
 ~KovfU@`M/5