List:       netbsd-users
Subject:    Performance tuning for large memory
From:       "Jean-Luc Wasmer" <jl.netbsd () wasmer ! ca>
Date:       2003-08-29 15:23:26

Hi,

I added RAM to my system some time ago, but never took the time to tune the
system to benefit from this.

I was thinking about using mfs for /tmp.
I have a Pentium II (400 MHz) with 1 GB RAM and 1.8 GB Swap.
Currently, the system has 592 MB of free mem.
Does the following fstab entry look correct?
swap                   /tmp            mfs     rw,-s=256m      0       0

Any other settings I could change (like swap)?

JL