List:       netbsd-tech-userlevel
Subject:    Impact of code freeze on commit?
From:       Paul Goyette <pgoyette () mail ! netbsd ! org>
Date:       2008-07-30 12:01:44

Dear releng,

It was suggested by my sponsors that I should check with you before
committing some code...

The code in question extends the functionality of the sysmon_envsys(8)
subsystem by allowing users to specify additional trigger thresholds for
sensor values.  Specifically, in addition to the current critical-min,
critical-max, and critical-capacity thresholds, my changes implement a
complementary set of warning-* thresholds.  There is some user-level
impact, as the envstat(8) utility is modified to permit specification of
the new thresholds, and to display them (a new command line switch -W is
created for this).

Additionally, the changes treat the set of thresholds as a "continuum" of
a single event, rather than treating each threshold as independant events;
this addresses my earlier PR/39022.

The following source files are affected by this change:

 	src/usr.sbin/envstat/config.c
 	src/usr.sbin/envstat/config_lex.l
 	src/usr.sbin/envstat/envstat.8
 	src/usr.sbin/envstat/envstat.c
 	src/usr.sbin/envstat/envsys.conf.5
 	src/sys/dev/sysmon/sysmon_envsys.c
 	src/sys/dev/sysmon/sysmon_envsys_events.c
 	src/sys/dev/sysmon/sysmon_power.c
 	src/sys/dev/sysmon/sysmon_envsysvar.h
 	src/sys/sys/power.h
 	src/sys/sys/envsys.h

The changes have been reviewed and approved by two of my sponsors, Tim
Rightnour and Greg McGarry.

Please advise if it is permissible to commit these changes, or if I need
to wait.

Thanks.

/paul