List:       netbsd-tech-pkg
Subject:    Re: net/p5-Net-Pcap build failure (solved)
From:       Edgar =?iso-8859-1?B?RnXf?= <ef () math ! uni-bonn ! de>
Date:       2013-02-02 17:27:50

It looks like adding

MAKE_PARAMS.makemaker+=  LIBS=-Wl,-R${BUILDLINK_PREFIX.libpcap}/lib

to lnet/p5-Net-Pcap's Makefile solves the problem.
I'm uncertain, however, whether that's the correct approach and whether
I should :Q the BUILDLINK_PREFIX.libpcap expansions.

I noticed that some p5-*/Makefiles also pass
	INC=-I${BUILDLINK_PREFIX.whatever}/include
with or without -I. Is that necessary?
Also, some Makefiles pass
	-L${BUILDLINK_PREFIX.whatever}/lib
Should I do that, too? E.g. can BUILDLINK_PREFIX be different from both
/usr/lib and ${LOCALBASE}/lib?

Could someone more knowledgeable please review this (and commit the correct
version)?