List:       netbsd-tech-pkg
Subject:    Re: Solaris packages from pkgsrc
From:       Malcolm Herbert <mjch () mjch ! net>
Date:       2007-12-10 23:03:00

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 09:07:09AM -0600, reed@reedmedia.net wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
> > If we were able to make the build environment independant of how
> > packages were managed, then we could easily generate native packages
> > for any OS, not just pkgsrc tarballs and Solaris packages.
>
> pkgsrc infrastructure was improved/abstracted for that.
>
> See:
>
> pkgsrc/mk/flavor/README which says "Currently, there is only one (the
> native pkgsrc tools), but maybe we can support RPM, dpkg or the Solaris
> native packages someday."

excellent ... sounds like all we need is a little glue then and it might
Just Work ...

> And read this initial commit message:
>
> http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/mk/flavor/pkg/package.mk?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
>

> So using pkgsrc to build your native packages is a great idea.

excellent - I'll have a look through there as a starting point and see
what I understand ... :)

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch@mjch.net                                                left blank