List:       netbsd-tech-net
Subject:    Re: TCP large-send? [was re: a new wm driver]
From:       Jason Thorpe <thorpej () wasabisystems ! com>
Date:       2003-12-17 21:43:29

On Dec 17, 2003, at 1:12 PM, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> Whilst we're on the topic of NIC tuning:
>
> Has anyone looked (seriously or otherwise) at integrating MS-style
> `large send' into our TCP, for NICs that can handle it?

Yes, I've thought about it.  The trick is to decouple the actual
MTU/segment size from the size of the segment we actually build in
tcp_output(), then setting a flag in the mbuf saying "hey, segment
this".

I don't think it'll actually be that hard to implement, I just haven't
gotten around to it yet.

["PGP.sig" (application/pgp-signature)]