List:       netbsd-tech-net
Subject:    Re: is there any reason that kernel doesn't notify userland when redirect route is deleted due to ti
From:       Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld () netbsd ! org>
Date:       2002-08-13 13:28:11

> The only annoying thing I know is that routed logs on console that
> everytime the route disappeared from kernel routing table.  Should I
> just shut up the routed?

If it's routed acting as a router discovery agent (only learning
default), that makes sense.

If it's routed speaking RIP, my understanding is that at least some
"purists" will now say that you are a router and shouldn't be
listening to redirects.  i.e., the warning is appropriate, and perhaps
should be joined by a routed startup-time warning if sysctl
net.inet.ip.redirect is nonzero.

Does routed turn the redirect-routes into RIP host-routes?  that would
be bad...

						- Bill