List:       netbsd-tech-kern
Subject:    Re: i386: kernel overflow in syscall
From:       Maxime Villard <max () m00nbsd ! net>
Date:       2016-12-31 18:26:00

Le 29/12/2016 à 09:47, Maxime Villard a écrit :
>> Patch [4] was completely wrong - it increased the size of the copy.
>> Checking the max size (as commited) is ok though.
>
> Yes, I later figured out it was wrong, and that's precisely why I ended up
> committing a different patch - without sending an update on tech-kern, since
> no one had answered, so not sure it was worth it.
>
> I guess I'll have to remove all my misleading garbage stuff.

Just a clarification on this last sentence, since apparently it has been
misinterpreted.

By saying "garbage" I was actually referring to my garbage/ directory on my
website, which contains several patches. And "misleading" was because this time
I had not updated the patch accordingly to the changes I had made. Hence the
sentence that was not directed towards you (David) but rather towards me - I'll
have to keep my patches up-to-date for them not to mislead interested readers.

I obviously appreciate reviews, and I just wanted to make sure I didn't sound
disrespectful in any way.