List:       netbsd-tech-kern
Subject:    [REPOST] porting drm [gem] from openbsd
From:       Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-10-19 18:03:47

Sorry about the formatting of my original post.

--

Hello,

I finally have both spare time and a machine to do NetBSD development
on.  Unfortunately, it has Intel an Clarkdale IGD.  The driver
requires the gem interface.  Apparently, OpenBSD supports this [to
some extent or other].  I haven't gotten a chance to look at it in
detail, but am wondering if anyone would be interested in working on
porting/merging this with me.  My device has a vendor/device of 0x8086
0x0042.  I'll  probably end up getting some card that's compatible
with radeondrm, but I figure I might as well give it the ol' college
try in lieu of simply giving up outright.
I'm not obtuse, but I am really rusty and will undoubtedly need lots
of guidance. ;-)
Also, check out
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2010-March/006382.html
for an idea of what's going on in linuxland.

Regards,

--Blair