List:       netbsd-port-sparc
Subject:    CDROM errors on SS20
From:       khaqq <khaqq () free ! fr>
Date:       2005-11-13 20:10:48

Hi all,

I sometimes (about each second while transferring data from the CDROM drive)
get "cd0(esp0:0:6:0): soft error (corrected)".
I have tried with differend CDs and checked them on my other CDROMs and
they seem to work.
I think my CDROM drive (the old Toshiba slim one) drive is dying. However,
it still (kinda) works. I would like to know if there are chances of
uncorrect silent errors cropping up as I install NetBSD this way on the
machine, or if the kernel is able to retry and fail gracefully if it is
the case.

Best regards,

khaqq