List:       netbsd-port-i386
Subject:    Re: hardware support
From:       Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 <bbogart () acs ! ryerson ! ca>
Date:       2001-02-27 20:33:01

> > ATI Radeon 32meg DDR video card - this is a AGP card - is that
> > supported?
>
> don't know how with X. console for sure.

according to www.xfree86.org

Accelerated support is provided for Mach64, Rage, Rage 128 and Radeon chips.

this is reffering to version 4.0.2 ONLY. I don't think 3.3.6 has any
radeon support. (Netbsd 1.5 comes with 3.3.6)

Installing 4.0.2 went off very smoothly.

Let me know how that Radeon card works with 4.0.2, I'm thinking of
upgrading my Rage 128.

B. Bogart
Convergent Media Designer