List:       netbsd-port-i386
Subject:    Install fails on p60 with 3com 3C597
From:       Phlatlyn <phlatlyn () pacbell ! net>
Date:       1999-12-30 18:28:29

I am attempting to install NetBSD on a system with the following =
components.

Micronics M5-PE P60 motherboard
32 megs ram
DTC3902 EISA SCSI adapter
Diamond Stealth II S220 video adapter
3Com 3C597 10/100 10BaseT Ethernet adapter

The system detects the SCSI adapter correctly creates the proper =
partitions. However,the installation fails when I attempt to configure =
the network adapter. I have the adapter set for IRQ10. NetBSD detects it =
at IRQ3. The machine previously ran FreeBSD and the network detected =
correctly. Linux and WindowsNT also ran fine. OpenBSD however hung =
during the network configuration so network problems are not exactly =
extraordinary on this system.Is there a way to tell it the IRQ of the =
network adapter? Or will I have to either configure the card at IRQ3 or =
install a different adapter?