List:       netbsd-port-i386
Subject:    Re: X not recognizing graphics card on a specific motherboard
From:       Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih () hamartun ! priv ! no>
Date:       2012-08-11 6:30:57

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO> writes:

> Nope, didn't make a difference.  :(

...but then Bernd put me on the right track by pointing to the scanpci
program distributed with Xorg.  It turns out I was missing device nodes
under /dev/, where I had pci0 and pci1, but no more.  I did what
"MAKEDEV all" would have done, and created pci2 through pci7, and now
Xorg works, too.  :)

-tih
--
"The market" is a bunch of 28-year-olds who don't know anything. --Paul Krugman