List:       netbsd-port-i386
Subject:    Re: Network device not configured
From:       Pavel Cahyna <cahyna () pc313 ! imc ! cas ! cz>
Date:       2005-08-07 16:02:06

[ moving this to port-i386 from netbsd-help ]

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:46:51 -0700, Andy Caldera wrote:

> Greetings to all. I'm coming from Linux trying out NetBSD on this old laptop IBM \
> 760XD. This is my first experience with asking for help for anything, so bear with \
> me.
> I have several Cardbus PCMCIA cards... One that uses the 'rtk' driver, a Linksys \
> EtherFast PCM200 which uses 'tlp' ?, a wireless card that uses the 'ath' driver and \
> a NetGear wireless PC Card MA521, of which I am not sure which driver it uses if \
> someone could tell me... I have tried them all on my two PCMCIA Cardbus slots type \
> II. I get this with all cards, rtk for example:
>
> # ifconfig rtk0 up
> ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS rtk0: Device not configured

If you look in the dmesg that you posted, you'll find that there really is
no rtk0 detected.

> cbb0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0: Texas Instruments PCI1130 PCI-CardBus
> Bridge (rev. 0x04)
>
> cbb0: NOT USED because of unconfigured interrupt
>
> cbb1 at pci0 dev 2 function 1: Texas Instruments PCI1130 PCI-CardBus
> Bridge (rev. 0x04)
>
> cbb1: NOT USED because of unconfigured interrupt

And that's the cause - the Cardbus bridge can't be used, so no Cardbus
cards can't work.

I don't know how to solve this, but maybe someone on the port-i386@
mailing list will know.

Bye	Pavel