List:       netbsd-port-i386
Subject:    Re: lkm changes from 1.6.1 -> 2.?
From:       Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios () cs ! uni-bonn ! de>
Date:       2005-06-17 20:46:18

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 09:37:51PM +0300, Peter wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>
> >>are there any changes in the way lkms work between 1.6.1 and 2. ? Will a
> >>1.6.1 lkm work directly in 2. (assuming it is recompiled under the 2.
> >>source tree) ?
> >
> >Well, there has been some major changes in the kernel, the API may have
> >changed. It really depends on what the LKM is doing.
>
> Wonderful news. Is it possible to compile syssrc from 2. on a 1.6.1
> system just to see what happens ? Without installing it thereafter,
> obviously.

sh build.sh tools		builds a crosscompiling environment
sh build.sh kernel=FOO		would be used to crosscompile a kernel

I don't know right away how to compile a LKM from build.sh... anybody?

I think sh build.sh makewrapper creates a set of wrappers which you can
use instead of make to make e.g. an LKM.

Regards,
	-is