List:       netbsd-port-i386
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.4.0 binaries
From:       Michael <macallan18 () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2005-04-17 16:59:35

Hello,

> I've recently built binary packages for KDE 3.4.0.
> But, in my opinion, I would prefer 3.3.2.
Hardly on topic but I definitely prefer 3.4 because prior versions had seri=
ously annoying (apparently 64bit-related because I didn't see them on macpp=
c and so on) bugs that made it a pain in the arse to use on a sparc64 box -=
 3.4 is much better. Still far from perfect but at least usable. It even se=
ems a little snappier than 3.3 but I guess that's hardly noticeable on toda=
y's x86 boxes ( on a 300MHz G3 it is though ).

have fun
Michael