List:       netbsd-port-arm
Subject:    -current doesn't accept root=
From:       John Klos <john () klos ! com>
Date:       2023-09-13 21:51:30

Hi,

I'm using a pre-made earmv7hf NetBSD-current image from here:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-arm/2023/08/23/msg008366.html

I plan to use it to mount a USB attached disk and root on it. While a
NetBSD-10 kernel respects the "root=NAME=" entry in /boot/cmdline.txt,
the -current kernel from 22-August-2023 doesn't.

The drive is definitely up and running (boot_delay=10 in config.txt).
The kernel sees the drive, it sees the gpt wedges, but it just roots on
ld0a.

Has anyone else seen this? When I have a chance, I'll try an up-to-date
-current kernel to see if this is still happening

John