List:       netbsd-port-arm
Subject:    Re: Pinebook Pull for Advice
From:       Jun Ebihara <jun () soum ! co ! jp>
Date:       2019-06-12 4:02:51

From: Ron Georgia <netverbs@gmail.com>
Subject: Pinebook Pull for Advice
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 15:00:39 -0400

> I am up and running on NetBSD 8.99.43 on my new Pinebook 1080P thanks to the most \
> excellent work by Jared (me genuflects). I have a few questions, perhaps someone \
> could steer me in the right direction. I pulled down pkgsrc and tried to build a \
> few packages. I also pointed to \
> (http://www.invisible.ca/arm/packages/arm64/current/) and used both pkg_add and \
> pkgin. Some packages installed and some did not. Some complained that certain \
> library files were missing from /lib. Question 1:
> What architecture repo do I use to pull down the NetBSD sets (i.e. base.tgz, \
> comp.tgz, et al)?

aarch64?

cf. update latest
1. ftp sets
http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/latest/evbarm-aarch64/binary/sets/
2. extract expect MD5 SHA512 etc.tgz
tar xzpf *.tgz -C /
3. etcupdate -a -s /mnt/evbarm/binary/sets/etc.tgz

> Question 2:
> I am trying to setup my big beefy workstation to do some cross compiling for the \
> Pinebook; however, I am not sure what architecture to give as the platform \
> parameter.

ftp http://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/src.tar.gz
tar xzf src.tar.gz
(cd src;cvs update -PAd)

MACHINE=evbarm
ARCH=aarch64
(cd src;./build.sh -m ${MACHINE} -a ${ARCH} -U tools)
(cd src;./build.sh -m ${MACHINE} -a ${ARCH} -U build)
(cd src;./build.sh -m ${MACHINE} -a ${ARCH} -U release)

--
Jun Ebihara