List:       netbsd-port-arm
Subject:    Re: AARCH64 booting
From:       Jared McNeill <jmcneill () invisible ! ca>
Date:       2018-05-23 21:08:35

On Wed, 23 May 2018, Robert Swindells wrote:

> I now get the following, not sure yet what is causing the garbage output
> from locore:

I would guess you either have a misconfigured clock / baud rate, or you
are not properly checking TX FIFO status before writing in your platform
early_putchar impl.

For the latter, have a look at the meson8b code, I expect it is similar
to your SoC in this regard:

https://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/sys/arch/evbarm/amlogic/amlogic_machdep.c#267