List:       netbsd-port-arm
Subject:    Re: ntpdate issue ....
From:       "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam () hiwaay ! net>
Date:       2015-04-06 22:22:45

On 04/06/15 12:09, Rich Neswold wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 11:06 AM, William A. Mahaffey III
> <wam@hiwaay.net <mailto:wam@hiwaay.net>> wrote:
>
>     tos        minsane 2
>
>     Any clues appreciated :-/ ....
>

> I couldn't get an internal machine to sync until I realized the
> 'minsane' parameter was requiring 2 servers and the machine was only
> syncing with one. Try commenting out that line.
> --
> Rich

I think we have a winner :-). I was only specifying 1 outside server, my
ISP (& undisciplined local clock as a fallback), commented out that line
& ntpq now shows:

rpi # ntpq
ntpq> ?
ntpq commands:
:config          help             mrl              rl
addvars          host             mrulist          rmvars
associations     hostnames        mrv              rv
authenticate     ifstats          ntpversion       saveconfig
authinfo         iostats          opeers           showvars
cl               kerninfo         passociations    sysinfo
clearvars        keyid            passwd           sysstats
clocklist        keytype          peers            timeout
clockvar         lassociations    poll             timerstats
config-from-file lopeers          pstats           version
cooked           lpassociations   quit             writelist
cv               lpeers           raw              writevar
debug            monstats         readlist
delay            mreadlist        readvar
exit             mreadvar         reslist
ntpq> peers
      remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay offset
jitter
  LOCAL(0)        .MSCF.           4 l  150   64  104    0.000 0.000   0.004
*fly.hiwaay.net  198.60.22.240    2 u   14   64  177   18.218 -454620
311.023
ntpq> lpeers
      remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay offset
jitter
  LOCAL(0)        .MSCF.           4 l  162   64  104    0.000 0.000   0.004
*fly.hiwaay.net  198.60.22.240    2 u   26   64  177   18.218 -454620
311.023
ntpq>

I *think* the asterisk indicates that it is syncing w/ fly.hiwaay.net
(my ISP), if so: *Hooooray* !!!!! Thanks again :-) ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                            -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.