List:       netbsd-port-amd64
Subject:    Re: Newbie
From:       Rhialto <rhialto () falu ! nl>
Date:       2005-09-25 18:00:44

On Tue 23 Aug 2005 at 00:26:43 +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> it's Nvidia, company that's famous of not giving any information on their
> hardware, just binary drivers (with lots of bugs).

That's why I explcitly did not get a motherboard with an nVidia chipset
(closed companies should not be supported if at all possible) but with a
VIA one. Asus A8V Deluxe works fine with 2.0.2 except for the "SATA
RAID" controller which you don't need since the normal SATA controller
works fine.

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.