List:       netbsd-port-amd64
Subject:    Re: X, INSECURE, and sysutils/aperture
From:       Rhialto <rhialto () falu ! nl>
Date:       2005-06-12 16:40:05

On Sun 12 Jun 2005 at 13:28:57 +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> The XFree86 servers wants to mmap() the video memory on the graphics card.
> And because we don't have in kernel VGA drivers which support that it
> needs to use either mem(4) or "/dev/xfree86" (provided by the
> "aperture" kernel module).

I tried compiling the aperture driver and it didn't compile
as-is anyway (removing the #define of cpu_vendor helped).
Although I can find the string "/dev/xf86" in the i386 X server, but not
in the amd64 one, that put a stop to my experiment for now.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            --  rhialto/at/falu.nl
\X/ Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me to your .signature to help me spread!