List:       netbsd-port-alpha
Subject:    "machine check" with cheapo ATA/66 cards...
From:       seebs () plethora ! net (Peter Seebach)
Date:       2000-11-30 21:22:18

So, I have a workaround which used to allow my alpha to boot by forcing some
address range into some other address range.  Today, it stopped working; none
of my kernels seem to be able to boot with that card plugged into my alpha.

Does anyone have any of the following:

1.  A known make/model of ATA/66 card that does *not* require this hack.
2.  An explanation of how to work around this hack.

Ideally, it would be something I can do without booting.  ;)

-s