List:       netbsd-help
Subject:    ipf for MAC filtering?
From:       "Randy Clepper" <rclepper () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2003-08-26 21:44:18

I was wondering if it possible to use ipf for MAC address filtering.  I
realize its intent is for layer 3 packet filtering, however, it does allow
filtering based on (local?) interface.   Looking at the data structures
briefly (if.h), it appears that it keeps some data that would only make
sense for resident interfaces.  Looks doubtful, but I thought I would post
the question just to be sure.

Thanks,
Randy Clepper
rclepper@hotmail.com