List:       netbsd-current-users
Subject:    Re: Error (cross) building tools from macOS
From:       Benny Siegert <bsiegert () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-09-19 18:27:17

> Am 19.09.2023 um 06:50 schrieb Lloyd Parkes <lloyd@must-have-coffee.gen.nz>:
>
> Maybe ../obj wasn't clean?
>
> I built with "build.sh -j 6 -U -m evbarm -a aarch64 ... tools" on an M1 Pro and it \
> completed fine. This was just after doing two Xcode updates and one macOS Sonoma \
> update today.

Thanks for the data point! obj was clean, I had just deleted it before starting the \
build.

However, I found the solution now: I (used to) have a Homebrew for amd64 in \
/usr/local, which was put there as part of the Apple Game Porting toolkit. This has \
been the cause of other build failures in the past, since a lot of configure scripts \
are hard-wired to prefer Homebrew over anything you pass in :(

Deleting the Homebrew installation in /usr/local makes the build succeed.

—
Benny=