List:       netbsd-current-users
Subject:    Re: improving locale support
From:       Mike <ginger () email ! su>
Date:       2015-11-27 7:44:41

26.11.2015, 16:00, "Thomas Klausner" <wiz@NetBSD.org>:
> šIllumos, FreeBSD, and DragonFlyBSD recently cooperated to make their
> šlocale support better.
>
> šHere's the FreeBSD commit:
>
> šhttps://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-head/2015-November/078554.html
>
> šHere's a blog post by the FreeBSD committer, bapt, about the changes:
>
> šhttp://blog.etoilebsd.net/post/This_is_how_I_like_opensource
>
> šI'd be happy if someone could take a look at and integrate it into
> šNetBSD too, if useful :)
>
> šThanks,
> ššThomas

Hey...Can Anyone help me on the following question:
 (I'm using NetBSD-amd64-current... and VERY happy with it. Great thanks to the \
developers - I've just recently found netbsd is beeing the allmost perfect system for \
me! ...In the past, of course I've been using free and openbsd for a while... But I \
never had been so glad with both this systems - for various reasons... NetBSD is just \
amazing for me! ...But there is still some small disadvantages in it - not critical, \
but rather important for me)  Is there any way to make viewable - russian(CP1251) \
filenames on msdos (FAT-32) filesystem!? Or at least.... a way to make this files \
just accessible under NetBSD??