List:       netbsd-current-users
Subject:    kernel driver support for Dell 5/iR raid controller
From:       "Brandon Lee" <brandon () xcodes ! net>
Date:       2007-06-27 14:40:02

Hi,

Recently i have got a DELL SC440 that comes with RAID controller(Dell
Serial-Attached SCSI 5/iR controller).  I was installing the server
with NetBSD4 200706230002Z snapshot iso but the installer complain
that there was no harddisk found.

Tried to boot off CentOS 5 and manage to find out the RAID Controller
device is "LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS1068 PCI-X Fusion-MPT SAS"
using mptbase and mptsas linux kernel modules.  Have tried to google
on BSD variants with that RAID controller and the closest match was
OpenBSD mpi driver.

Are there any work on this driver support in NetBSD?  Attached is my
dmesg during installation.

--
Brandon

["nbsd4.dmesg" (application/octet-stream)]