List:       netatalk-devel
Subject:    RE: [Netatalk-devel] Free disk space reporting
From:       "Jonathan Newman" <jnewman () mudpup ! com>
Date:       2000-10-19 21:12:09

> 	I'm running netatalk that was in CVS the day before
> yesterday.  When I mount an appleshare volume I'm seeing an
> absolutely
> rediculous amount of available disk space.
>
> 	I'm running netatalk on alpha-linux.  What I suspect
> is happening

.. snip ..

> 	Any obvious answers?  I'm willing to chase this down
> myself, but
> if somebody else can save me the time, I'm all ears.

Look at the diffs between 1.3 and 1.4 in etc/afpd/unix.c

Specifically, I am speaking about the addition of :

      if ( *bfree > 0x7fffffff / *bsize ) {
           *bfree = 0x7fffffff;
       } else {
           *bfree *= *bsize;
       }

In two places.  The comment in CVS is that this is "Wesley Craig's >
2GB patch".

I think this is the problem.  I have been meaning to conditionalize
this on a ./configure setting, but I have been swamped.

This change makes an x86 linux box always report 1.99 GB free even if
there is a lot less than that.

Jon