List:       netatalk-devel
Subject:    Re: [Netatalk-devel] autoconf/automake/libtool problems
From:       Lance Levsen <l.levsen () printwest ! com>
Date:       2000-10-19 15:52:05

> rm -fr /libatalk.ax
> mkdir /libatalk.ax
> mkdir: cannot make directory `/libatalk.ax': Permission denied
> make[3]: *** [libatalk.a] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/sam/netatalk-sam/libatalk'

I can't address your other problems, but:

This was brought up before, and I believe it's listed in the bug list on
SourceForge.
For some reason the compile is trying to make a directory off of /, in this
case:
mkdir /libatalk.ax

Until it's fixed, the easiest solution is to make as root.

Cheers,
--
Lance Levsen, Programmer
Product Innovation