List:       netatalk-devel
Subject:    [Netatalk-devel] [POLL] Use ini stye format in configuration files in Netatalk 3
From:       Frank Lahm <franklahm () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2012-01-19 9:48:39

@netatalk-devel subscribers: reply-to netatalk-admins

Dear all,

we're currently considering the switch to ini style (cf Samba config)
in Netatalk's config files accompanied merging afpd.conf,
netatalk.conf and AppleVolumes.default to a single ini style config
file named afp.conf (though I'd prefer netatalk.conf but that would
seriously hinder 2.2 -> 3.0 upgrades).

The config file might look like this:
---8<---

[global]
       unix charset = UTF8
       mac charset = MAC_ROMAN
       vol charset = UTF8

;       max clients = 20

;       ext mapping = no

;       afp uam list = uam_dhx.so uam_dhx2.so
;       afp guest = nobody

;       afp volumes system =      ; (default is not defined)
;       afp volumes default =     ; (default is this file)

       vol unix priv = yes
       vol use dot = yes

;       vol directory perm = 0000
;       vol file perm = 0000

;       log type = default
;       log level = note
;       log file =

[AFP Server]
;       afp server name = $h

[CNID Server]

;[LDAP]
;       ldap server      = localhost
;       ldap auth method = simple
;       ldap auth dn     = cn=admin,dc=domain,dc=org
;       ....

;[EXT Mapping]
;       txt = "TEXT"  "ttxt"
;       zip = "ZIP "  "SITx"

[homes]
;       home name = $u

;[share sample]
;       vol path = /somewhere/my/share/directory

;[time machine sample]
;       vol path = /somewhere/backup/directory
;       vol time machine = yes
;       vol size limit = 1000
---8<---

Please vote whether you like to see this change or if not. Thanks!

-f