List:       netatalk-devel
Subject:    RE: [Netatalk-devel] Fix for afpd crash on Solaris
From:       "Bjoern Fernhomberg" <lists () fernhomberg ! de>
Date:       2003-05-21 3:56:35

> plp_vsnprintf is the default from configure in our Solaris 2.5.1
> installation and it works. The problem only occurs (for us) in Solaris 2.6
> and above when configure recognized the Sun-snprintf and therefore defined
> HAVE_SNPRINTF. The simplest solution may be to always undefined
> HAVE_SNPRINTF on Solaris.

Didier commited the volset patch the CSV head.
The patch makes sense anyway, as a "Parsing volset (null)" message is rather
useless.

A little research on the web showed, that it seems to be the strlen
function, that causes all the trouble.
strlen(NULL) causes a segfault on Solaris, so probably more functions than
just vnsprintf are sensitive to NULL values.

Not sure what to do about it ...