List:       netatalk-devel
Subject:    [Netatalk-devel] -50 error
From:       Damien Mattei <Damien.Mattei () unice ! fr>
Date:       2002-12-25 9:31:55

i have a user complaining that she can transfer large folder (100Mb)
from Mac OS X (Jaguar) to netatalk-1.5.3.1 on linux 2.4.7-10 (redhat 7.2).
So i made a search on the internet and mailing list archive on -50 error
  and find those things about:

-first (the most important) this error exist on all versions of
netatalk, from 1.4 to the latest 1.6 version
-more or less, all the Mac OS client are affected,less for the old Mac
OS 8.1-8.6 version and more for the latest Mac OS X
-the problem is affecting big folder (big in size or in number of files,
i don't know)
-the problem seems to be in relation with executable rights
-the -50 error affect files too (i had some Mac OS application files
impossible to copy)
-this problem is central as it simply make the netatalk server unreliable
-this problem is a server side issue as transfering the same folders
between 2 Macs works fine.

regarding to those fact it seems that this problem ,IMHO, should be a
priority, as transferring large folders or simple files is what we can
expect from a file server?!

at last,i find this only message in the mailing-list archive saying that:
chmod a+x on the directory solve the problem: