List:       netatalk-devel
Subject:    Re: [Netatalk-devel] Patch for -timeout
From:       Thomas Schierle <ts () visual-s ! de>
Date:       2001-12-20 2:32:33

On 2001-12-20 02:55 +0100, Alex Yu wrote:

>> Command 5 is a DSITickle from the client.  I suppose, I
>> the timer for client tickles....though that may piss off some users.
>
> Well, the Apple File Sharing service on Mac OS X Server has an option to
> kick idle users at a defined time.  I guess this will be a feature
> request.

Agreed, but there should be options available to just kick off users
without open files, not kicking members of admin group etc.

Assuming these features can't be accomplished for 1.5, you might
better come up with a full solution sometime after release.

-Thomas,
dreaming of Netatalk under the Christmas tree ...

--
Thomas Schierle, Munich, Germany

PGP key [DSS/DH] 0xA23CDA1D available at various public key servers