List:       netatalk
Subject:    RE: trash folder
From:       "Chris Herrmann" <chris () faredge ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-08-28 23:31:37

Hi Renato,

You haven't given any information about your configuration, but if the
following is true, then your network trash won't work.

and kernel = 2.4.xx

and filesystem = ext2fs

There are mixed reports of success by people using reiserfs. My mileage has
been that both byte range & file locking do not work with the above details
(as far as trash is concerned), despite what others might say.

If you're using a 2.2 kernel then file locking won't work properly (read
won't lock).

Of course, all of this is assuming you're using linux.