List:       netatalk
Subject:    Re: Backup
From:       Malcolm McLeary <mim () mac ! net ! au>
Date:       2000-05-31 0:41:45

Hi Dale,

on 29/5/00 4:35 PM, Dale Ang at ndgpdale@yahoo.com wrote:

> I've got a small network of 3 macs and 3 pcs, with a
> linux box serving all.  How can I backup the mac
> shares (homes etc) from the PC's?

Install Retrospect Backup for Windows and backup the SAMBA shares ... I
image you have SAMBA and Netatalk serving the same directories to both
platforms.

    http://www.betterbackup.com/

    http://www.dantz.com/

If you are serious about BACKUP and RESTORE you'll buy and install an
appropriate tool ... its not worth the effort to hack something together
with an OS task scheduler and command procedures.

Cheers,  Malcolm

                       Information Alchemy Pty Ltd
                             ACN 089 239 305
                           Canberra, Australia

Malcolm McLeary                                  Mobile:   0412 636 086
Managing Director                                Email:  mim@mac.net.au

     This message was sent using Outlook Express 5.0 for Macintosh.