List:       netatalk
Subject:    Grep from PC to Mac via LINUX
From:       John Grieg <grieg.john () hl ! telia ! no>
Date:       2000-05-29 14:15:32

I have a (Harlequin) RIP running on  NT which generates a log file.
This logfile logs "everything" including missing fonts, postscript errors.

I use smbmount to mount the share with the RIP, and I grep for errors
( grep LOGFILE error & grep LOGFILE Courier)
Theseerrors I pipe to mail (and mail them to me).

1) Is there a way I can get dialog box  when  there is an error (Like you
    get from a printer  running out of paper?

2)  Now and then  the LINUX box loses the connection with the NT machine
(WHY) , and I have to remount it
     manually.  (The LOGFILE is in use all the time).   Is there an easier
way to do this?

grieg.john@hl.telia.no