List:       netatalk
Subject:    Re: [netatalk-admins] Dancing icons one more time
From:       "Chris G. Sellers" <sellers () unix072398 ! acs ! oakland ! edu>
Date:       1999-06-30 15:47:24

I believe that this was fixed in the latest Netatalk.  I think Apple had
some problems with the icons and ASIP as well - so maybe a upgrade to
OS8.5 may help as well...

> > Hi all...
>
> Hi took a look around on mailing-list archives, FAQ, etc, and did not find
> any solutions to my problem of dancing icons under MacOS 8.1.
>
> Is there, yes, or not a workaround for this problem ?
>
> I found an a sun's message telling the solution  :
>
> > the solution involves allowing os8 to actually go in and
> > update the finder info while still generating our own
> > creator/type fields.
>
> But I did not anderstand one word... perhaps this messages was for
> developers
>
> Any kind of infos ?
>
> Thanks

   CHRIS G. SELLERS
   Scientific Programmer Analyst
    Information & Instructional Technology
	(formerly Computer & Information Services)
    101  Kresge Library
    Oakland University - Rochester, Michigan 48309-4401
    Phone: (248) 370.2016    FAX: (248) 370.4251