List:       netatalk
Subject:    Re: netatalk 1.3.3 beta 1
From:       wesley.craig () umich ! edu
Date:       1995-05-11 19:06:00

> From:    Gordon B Lugauer <glugauer@midway.uchicago.edu>
> To:      wesley.craig@umich.edu

> > This version should be
> > stable on Ultrix 4.x, SunOS 4.1.x, and Linux 1.2.x.

> Well, sorry to bother you all with this, but has anybody actually gotten
> such a kernel to compile?

> net/net.o(.text+0x171ef): undefined reference to `register_8022_client'
> net/net.o(.data+0x44): undefined reference to `p8022_proto_init'

> I followed nicely the instructions in README.LINUX, and am just
> generally at a loss.  Any pointers?

>From README.LINUX:

[blah]

3.  Configure kernel with "make config".  Answer yes to "AppleTalk DDP"
    support.  In older kernel versions, you may need to answer yes to
    "IPX protocol" support, as well, to include IEEE802.2 support.

[blah]

I guess we're classifying the version of Linux you're running as "old",
despite that it is the most recent version.  Newer (non-existent)
versions won't have this problem.

:wes