List:       netatalk
Subject:    Re: Re(3): Personal Laserwriter NTR printing problem at NUBS
From:       wesley.craig () umich ! edu
Date:       1994-07-08 18:09:33

> From:    "Roy Hockett" <roy.hockett@umich.edu>
> To:      "wesley.craig@umich.edu" <wesley.craig@umich.edu>

> Well you hit the nail on the head, do you know of a way to set the printer
> so that it will respond to packets with the DDP Check sum calculated.  If not
> can you configure netatalk to not calculate DDP Check sums on PAP packets?

Well, I assume that it's *not* a configuration problem on the printer,
but a bug.  There is a variable, ddp_cksum, in the netatalk kernel
module which will disable DDP checksum calculations.  You can set it in
sys/netatalk/ddp_output.c and rebuild, or you can set it in the already
built module with:

    adb -w /usr/local/atalk/etc/netatalk.o
    ddp_cksum?W0

Or, you can set it in the running system with:

    adb -w -k /usr/local/atalk/etc/netatalk /dev/mem
    ddp_cksum/W0

If you set it in the running system, it will need to be done after each
reboot.

:wes