List:       netatalk
Subject:    Re: [netatalk-admins] Type Manager / CD Writer / Zip Drives?
From:       Matthias FERDINAND <mf () sanet ! de>
Date:       1998-04-17 2:00:30

Hello,

thanks to the people who were responding - now I have some pointers
to check out on the weekend :-)
Being able to write Mac CDs would just be an argument for the netatalk
solution itself, I personally would not consider it very good
practice to have such a timing-critical application run on a
possibly very loaded file server. But I will explore that further
on the weekend.
BTW, is it possible to change file permissions from the client side?
I don't even know how to invoke that window on a mac, I just
seen it recently (gives owner,group,and world permissions an shows
who can even see the volume). Are that supported calls in netatalk
or is it necessary to do the settings by editing the file permissions
and .AppleVolume files?

Regards,
Matthias Ferdinand