List:       netatalk
Subject:    [netatalk-admins] routing?
From:       Nico Lumma <nico () goe ! net>
Date:       1998-02-24 10:03:43

Hi,

thanks to numerous suggestions I was able to solve my first problem
(multiple logins under different names...), now here's another problem:

I want to access not only my server, but also any other netatalk server
taht is behind that server and the firewall. We are using a private
network and therefore ip-masquerading.
How does that work? Do the apple-talk-packets get encapsulated by
ip-packets and then travel through the net, or are they just "plain"
apple-talk-packets, who can't get through routers and the like?

I am living at a big German university campus and we are trying to connect
our dorms to the net and want to share as much as possible between the
different buildings across town. And since Samba makes it possible to
access Windoze PCs on other networks, I want to do the same with
appletalk...

Thanks again,

Nico

--------