List:       netatalk
Subject:    Re: [netatalk-admins] netatalk1.4b2+asun2.0a18 on Solaris 2.5.1 with new streams?
From:       Duncan Sinclair <sinclair () dis ! strath ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1998-01-28 10:24:04

Duncan Sinclair writes:
>Hi Folks,

Hi,

I asked about getting Adrian's patches working with Solaris 2.5.1,
with the new streams module.  Various people said "me too", but it
was Adrian himself who provided the answer...

The problem was...

>Specifically,
>atalkd hangs starting up, and I get this message in my kernel log:
>
>  Jan 27 13:21:01 scarlet unix: netatalk 971027
>  Jan 27 13:21:01 scarlet unix: NOTICE: tpi_wput M_PCPROTO 0x9
>
>Digging around it's easy to find where this error message is generated,
>but I haven't a clue what it all means.

Digging around further I find that the "0x9" message is:

  [[  except from sys/tihdr.h

  /*
   * Primitives that are initiated by the transport user.
   */
  #define T_CONN_REQ      0       /* connection request           */
  #define T_CONN_RES      1       /* connection response          */
  #define T_DISCON_REQ    2       /* disconnect request           */
  #define T_DATA_REQ      3       /* data request                 */
  #define T_EXDATA_REQ    4       /* expedited data request       */
  #define T_INFO_REQ      5       /* information request          */
  #define T_BIND_REQ      6       /* bind request                 */
  #define T_UNBIND_REQ    7       /* unbind request               */
  #define T_UNITDATA_REQ  8       /* unitdata request             */
  #define T_OPTMGMT_REQ   9       /* manage options req           */
  #define T_ORDREL_REQ    10      /* orderly release req          */

  ]]

  T_OPTMGMT_REQ - "manage options req".

Adrian suggested I comment out the setsockopt(,,SO_BROADCAST,,) call
in etc/atalkd/main.c.  Now it seems to me that "T_OPTMGMT_REQ" might
just correstpond to a call to setsockopt().

Anyway, commenting it out seems to have done the trick.  At least,
it's all running.  I havn't been able to test all of Adrian's new
features yet.

Does anyone (Adrian?) know what I'm losing by zapping the setsockopt?

Hope this helps someone...  And maybe whenever 1.4b3 hits the streets
all these problems will be solved?

Cheers,

Duncan.