List:       netatalk
Subject:    Re: [netatalk-admins] File locking with netatalk-1.4b2
From:       Valerie Caro <valerie () cs ! umass ! edu>
Date:       1997-10-27 16:59:47

On Sat, 25 Oct 1997, Yeak Nai Siew wrote:

> Linux has a madatory file locking feature in the kernel. May be it is
> activated. You can change that during kernel setup.
>
> That is only a suggestion...

  I tried turning off the Linux madatory file locking feature and now
I cannot connect to the netatalk server at all. So that doesn't
seem to be a solution.

> > We are running netatalk-1.4b2 on a Linux machine. We need
> >to be able to open files shared for writing.
> >We are using a database package which does the record locking
> >in the database for us, so we want to have multiple
> >users opeining the same files for write access.
> >  Is this possible with netatalk? Currently we are getting
> >an error when we try to open it a second time.
> >

> --
> Yeak Nai Siew                              << Macintosh Forever >>
> Director, MIR Communications Sdn Bhd        http://www.mir.com.my/
> Creator of Mac Power User Group        http://www.mir.com.my/mpug/
> Fingerprint    @_pgp_@    3A6D 05D3 A3CE B8B7  20C3 CD63 DE82 732D

---
Valerie Caro		Computer Science Computing Facility,
valerie@cs.umass.edu	LGRC Room A313,
Tel:  (413)545-4442	University of Massachusetts
Fax:  (413)545-1249	Amherst, MA           01003