List:       netatalk
Subject:    [Netatalk-admins] [Q] netatalk 2.2.1dev, Lion, Snow Leopard.
From:       Hiroyuki Sato <hiroysato () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-07-26 1:29:13

Dear members.

* Summary

  I'm building new netatalk 2.2.1dev server on Scientific Linux6.
  and I'm having some problems on Mac OS X Client. (Lion and Snow Leopard)

  Does anyone knows any information about these problems??

    ex)
    - It is known issue.
    - Workaround.
    - How to check it.

* Problem

  (1) Folder name couldn't change via Snow Leopard. (10.6.8)

    Rename Folder

    Lion         : OK
    Snow Leopard : NG

    I counldn't change folder name on Finder.app
    but, I could change it via RBrowser Lite.

  (2) Sharing & Permission Get Info display wrong info on Lion.

    Show Info in Finder.

    Lion
      Owner: NG (Unknown)
      Group: NG (local group's name staff)
      Everyone: NG

      All of permissions: OK.

    Snow Leopard:
      Owner: OK (show Owners name)
      Group: OK (Group name)
      Everyone: OK

      All of permissions: OK.

  (2) Change permission on Finder.

    Lion         : NG
    Snow Leopard : NG

      An unexpected error occurred (error code -50).

* Environment

  1, OS

    Scientific Linux6
    2.6.32-131.6.1.el6.x86_64

  2, Source

    git clone git://netatalk.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/netatalk/netatalk

    Download: 7/25 (Asia/Tokyo)

  3, configure

      ./configure --enable-redhat --enable-krbV-uam
      make
      make install

    AFP reply from localhost:548
    Flags: 1  Cmd: 3  ID: 57005
    Reply: DSIGetStatus
    Request ID: 57005
    Machine type: Netatalk2.2.1dev
    AFP versions: AFP2.2,AFPX03,AFP3.1,AFP3.2,AFP3.3
    UAMs: DHX2
    Volume Icon & Mask: exist
    Flags: SupportsCopyFile,DontAllowSavePwd,SupportsServerMessages,SupportsServerSign \
ature,SupportsTCP/IP,SupportsSrvrNotifications,SupportsOpenDirectory,SupportsUTF8Servername,SupportsUUIDs,SupportsSuperClient
  Server name: afpserver
    Signature:
    46 47 27 f4 c4 66 0a 94 0d 31 93 23 a9 ed 7b 4e  FG'..f...1.#..{N

  4, configuration

    (1) afpd.conf

      - -tcp -noddp -uamlist uams_dhx2.so -nosavepassworda -setuplog
"default log_maxdebug /var/log/afpd.log"

    (2) AppleVolumes.default

      :DEFAULT: options:upriv,usedots dperm:0775 fperm:0664
maccharset:MAC_JAPANESE ea:sys
      /local/shared      shared
      /local/timemachine timemachine options:tm

    (3) afp_ldap.conf

      This LDAP server are running on Mac OS X Lion Server.
      (OpenDirectory on Lion Server)

      afpldaptest -u, -i, -g works fine.

      ldap_server      = my.ldapserver.com
      ldap_auth_method = none
      ldap_auth_dn     = uid=diradmin,cn=users,dc=ldapserver,dc=com
      ldap_userbase    = cn=users,dc=ldapserver,dc=com
      ldap_userscope   = one
      ldap_groupbase   = cn=groups,dc=ldapserver,dc=com
      ldap_groupscope  = one
      ldap_uuid_attr   = apple-generateduid
      ldap_name_attr   = uid
      ldap_group_attr  = cn

    (4) fstab

      UUID=a41e706c-7d05-4d88-a9da-5f8474326f25	/local		ext4	rw,user_xattr,acl	1
3

Sincerely

--
Hiroyuki Sato