List:       netatalk
Subject:    Re: [Netatalk-admins] Error message from server after upgrading to
From:       Matt Connolly <matt.connolly.au () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-17 12:54:48

Hi Frank,

there were a few occasions where I was getting this sort of thing repeatedly:

Incorrect CNID data in .AppleDouble data for '/export/home/matt/.bash_history' (bad stamp?)
Writing CNID data for '/export/home/matt/.bash_history' to AppleDouble file
Incorrect CNID data in .AppleDouble data for '/export/home/matt/.Xauthority' (bad stamp?)
Writing CNID data for '/export/home/matt/.Xauthority' to AppleDouble file
Incorrect CNID data in .AppleDouble data for '/export/home/matt/.gtk-bookmarks' (bad stamp?)
Writing CNID data for '/export/home/matt/.gtk-bookmarks' to AppleDouble file
Incorrect CNID data in .AppleDouble data for '/export/home/matt/.xsession-errors.old' (bad stamp?)
Writing CNID data for '/export/home/matt/.xsession-errors.old' to AppleDouble file
Incorrect CNID data in .AppleDouble data for '/export/home/matt/.mysql_history' (bad stamp?)
Writing CNID data for '/export/home/matt/.mysql_history' to AppleDouble file

But I think that may have been because I was running `dbd` when I forgot to shut down the server.

I also had some files under .nautilus/metadata that had ':' in the name, which `dbd` was showing up
as bad encoding. I just deleted these files.

I also did the big delete as was suggested earlier.

And I corrected the "ddb" mistake in the config file to "dbd"

And it now seems to be fixed.

Thanks Frank and Mike for the tips, it looks like I'm running fine with no nasty error messages.

Cheers,
Matt