List:       netatalk
Subject:    Re: [Netatalk-admins] make of netatalk-2.0.3 fails on OSX 10.4.3
From:       Thomas Kaiser <Thomas.Kaiser () phg-online ! de>
Date:       2005-12-17 20:10:40

Marc Bizer wrote:

> On Dec 16, 2005, at 3:48 PM, Ryan Suarez wrote:
>
>> Trying to install netatalk-2.0.3 on OSX 10.4.3
>
> Why would you do this?

No AppleTalk capable print server in MacOS X [1], a 10 user limitation of
the built-in AppleFileServer?

But I second you. Letting Netatalk run on top of MacOS X is not the primary
development goal since the Apple guys provide us with AppleFileServer and
CUPS.

Regards,

Thomas

[1] as well as MacOS X server. The built-in atprintd is still somewhat
    crappy...