List:       netatalk
Subject:    RE: [Netatalk-admins] nest volumes
From:       "Bjoern Fernhomberg" <lists () fernhomberg ! de>
Date:       2004-10-27 10:55:55

> > > It's generally possible to do what you want, just trickier than
> > > would be desirable.
> >
> > Do you mean my solution is allowed generally?
>
> I don't know if it is possible to nest volumes that way. The
> fact that the documentation says it is not is a hint though ;-)

Indeed. It's not supported, CNID databases and AD2 cached data will get
messed up.

The real 'problem' is the need for a teacher global share. Showing
individual shares only for the participants is not a problem and can solved
by a number of ways (user AppleVolume, allow: in AppleVolumes.default or by
making a course's volume root readable only to participants of that course).

Regards,
Bjoern